Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Another Season Over

I hate to say it, but another season of enduro racing missed due to house reno's & a very tight budget. Next season looks very promising, with a Bonneville SSEI in the back yard, all stripped & a roll cage welded in place. I will always have a roll cage & drivers door bar for extra protection.

It saved my butt once already. In 2006 we had a little incident where I was spun around coming out of turn #1 (going the opposite direction). Never got the car started in time, and here came a big boat around turn 1. He never saw me until the last minute, and hit me full tilt in the drivers side door. The roll cage had shifted & the bar going down the drivers side door was pushed in 5".

I may have walked away with a fractured foot & bruised hip.....but it could have been a lot worse! If you're smart, you'll weld a roll cage in. You never know when something will happen!



My dad has sent the trailer out for much needed repairs, and it just so happens, that the garage he sent it to is going to load up an old car that has been sitting out back for a while. All I know is, it's a 6 cylinder and runs good......well, that's good enough for me! We'll be out for all 4 races next season, if I don't get into any trouble on the track!

No comments: